Am I entitled to aftercare support?

You are care experienced if you were on a Compulsory Supervision Order through the Children’s Hearing whilst living at home or if you were in a placement outwith the family home, such as a foster placement, formal Kinship placement or group living placement.

A young person who was care experienced on or after their 16th birthday is entitled to aftercare support. This is advice, guidance and assistance to support the transition into adulthood and towards independence.

Young people who are care experienced should receive advice and support to help them prepare for the time when they are no longer care experienced. This advice, guidance and support should be provided no matter where the young person has been cared for, or where they are moving to.

The video helps to explain what is care experience.

Updated on January 21, 2024
Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Skip to content Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.