Subject Access Request

All individuals have a right to access and receive a copy of their ‘personal data’, that is the information that an organisations holds about you in their records. This is often referred to a as a subject access request.

If you are care experienced, social work services in the local authority area where you were care experienced should have information about you.

If you are working with someone from social work services, you can discuss a subject access request with your worker. That can help to clarify what information you are looking for, this could be all the information held about you or just specific information about a particular time.

This can help to get you the information you are looking for. It is also important to consider what support you may require when you receive any information, to help you go through the information, deal with what you find out or if you are still left with questions.

You can make a subject access request to the local authority verbally or in writing to a worker you are in contact with or through this link which will make sure your request gets to the right people: DataProtection@northlan.gov.uk

Updated on February 7, 2024
Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Skip to content Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.